Updated September 10, 2013
KickinKitchen.TV is dedicated to protecting your privacy and handling any data we obtain from you or your child with care and respect, and in such a way that conforms to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). COPPA regulations require that we inform parents and legal guardians about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information from children under 13 years of age; and also require that we obtain the consent of parents and guardians to permit engagement on our website.
We are committed to protecting your identity and keeping you safe online in the following ways:
The Information We Collect:
Registering and Becoming a Member:
• Many portions of the Site may be accessed without providing any personal information (“PII”) to us. For most activities on our site, we do not collect any personal information about you. If you do not become a member (“Member”), you are a visitor on the site.
• If you choose to register and become a member and create a username and password on Kickinkitchen.TV, we will not ask for, or collect any information that would allow us or anyone else to identify you. Be sure to choose a non-identifiable username. Any usernames known to include first and last names will be deleted by KickinKitchen.TV. Your login information will only be used for submitting videos or photos, or to vote on other viewer’s submissions and will not be shared with any third party.
• If we know a visitor to our site is under 13 years of age and wants to become a member we will notify the visitor’s parent or legal guardian via email for permission to collect information about that visitor in order to permit engagement on our website. By granting permission, the child will be entitled to post any information and that visitor will be allowed to register for an account or enter any contests. Parents or legal guardians of visitors under 13 years old must respond to the KickinKitchen.TV email that is automatically sent to you when your child who is under 13 years of age signs up to register with a username and password on KickinKitchen.TV. To give permission to your child, the parent or guardian must sign the form (using a digital signature in Adobe Reader) or sign with a pen and scan and send it back to us at COPPAPermission@KickinKitchen.TV. Please write "COPPA Permission" in the subject line. You can also mail the signed form to us at KidsCOOK Productions, 11 Hillside Avenue Cambridge, MA 02140 or fax it to 1-617-547-0881.
Parents or legal guardians of all visitors under the age of 13 may review any information we keep about their child, and can request that we stop using and delete such information at any time by emailing info@KickinKitchen.TV.
• If your child chooses to submit videos or photos to us, we will ask the child for the following personal information: your first name, location (city and state), gender, date of birth, and e-mail address. If the child’s submission is chosen to be posted on KickinKitchen.TV, we will include only the child’s first name, city and state on our site, along with the child’s submission.
• If a child enters a contest, we will need to ask you the child for an email address so that we can notify the child in the event he/she wins a prize. We will never share your email address with any third party, unless that third party is commissioned by us to maintain the technical functioning of the website, KickinKitchen.TV, and we will use the information only to the extent necessary to maintain the technical functioning of KickinKitchen.TV, We are committed to keeping any personal information they access about you confidential.
• If a child chooses to “Send A Kick” (share a recipe from our website with a friend or family) — an electronic message from our site is sent to only after the user provides the friend or family’s email address and his/her own email address. We will never share this email information submitted with any third party, unless that third party is commissioned by us to maintain the technical functioning of the website KickinKitchen.TV, use the information only to the extent necessary to maintain the technical functioning of KickinKitchen.TV, and will keep any personal information they access about you confidential.
General Collection of Non Personal Information:
◦ To remember the visitor’s username so they won’t have to enter it again the next time they visit the site.
◦ To remember that a visitor has already voted once on another’s visitor’s video or photo submission.
◦ To remember items in a visitor’s shopping cart.
Sometimes we use files from other companies (called third-party cookies) to help us see where people go on our website so that we may improve our services. Third-party cookies do not contain any personally identifiable information.
We also use a third party service that uses clear gif images to track what pages the child visits and in what sequence. These clear Gifs do not contain any personally identifiable information.
We are not responsible for and do not control the privacy policies of any other sites that you may access through hyperlinks on our site. This includes the websites of our partners and vendors that you may use to purchase KickinKitchen.TV or KidsCOOK Productions branded products or services.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
KickinKitchen.TV has a Facebook page and Twitter account, subject to the terms of those companies, and we welcome users to join those communities, following all appropriate procedures and legal age requirements for use.
We control and operate KickinKitchen.TV from the United States and subject exclusively to the laws and jurisdiction of the United States. Please note that we do not represent or warrant that KickinKitchen.TV is appropriate for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access KickinKitchen.TV do so at their own initiative and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations.
KickinKitchen.TV strives to provide a safe and fun place for tweens and teens to fuel their bodies and their minds. We believe that our data collection procedures follow all applicable laws, including the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
11 Hillside Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02140
Effective Date: September 10, 2013